Larry Schneider, Partner and Senior Living Planner co-presented a webinar Programming and Design for Wellness Centers for SAGE Federation on evidence-based design concepts for wellness centers. Our team of architects, designers and planners compiled the top five key take-away’s from the webinar including:
- Understanding Blue Zones characteristics
- Creating environments that promote wellness rather than care
- Providing wellness programming that occurs naturally
- Planning better use of outdoor areas for passive and active programming
- Lighting can dramatically increase quality of life
Wellness goes well beyond physical exercise and extends to social, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, vocational and environmental well-being. We invite you to view the webinar and engage us in your next planning and design project. For more information on our Long-term Care Experience and Services contact Gregg Golden or Larry Schneider.