Larry Schneider, Partner and Senior Living Planner co-presented a webinar Programming and Design for Wellness Centers for the SAGE Federation on evidence-based design concepts learned from studying the Greek Lifestyle. Our team of architects, designers, and planners compiled the top five key take-away’s from the webinar including:
- Understanding Blue Zones characteristics
- Creating environments that promote wellness rather than care
- Providing wellness programming that occurs naturally
- Planning better use of outdoor areas for passive and active programming
- Lighting can dramatically increase the quality of life
Wellness goes well beyond physical exercise and extends to social, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, vocational, and environmental well-being. We invite you to view the webinar and engage us in conversation about how the Greek Lifestyle may impact your senior living center. For more information on our Senior Living Design Service Contact Gregg Golden or Larry Schneider.