THE PRA PRIZE IN ARCHITECTURE AND COMMUNITY DESIGN
AT UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA’S COLLEGE OF THE ARTS/SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND COMMUNITY DESIGN (SACD)
Plunkett Raysich Architects, LLP and the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee’s School of Architecture and Community Design are excited to announce the $5,000 PRA Prize and included offer of a 2023 paid summer internship at the PRA Sarasota Office.
Details are outlined below:
- The PRA Prize in the amount of $5,000 will be awarded to a student in recognition of architectural design that displays exceptional creativity and technical mastery. The PRA Prize will be offered each year in spring through 2027.
- Students who apply for PRA Prize consideration will be adjudicated by SACD faculty. Entrants will submit a portfolio, university transcript, and essay.
- The awarded recipient will also be offered a paid Summer Internship with PRA’s Sarasota Office, should the student so choose.
- The internship will allow the student to participate in real-life project programming, planning, design, construction documents, construction administration, and practice led by PRA architect mentors with the opportunity to participate on ongoing USF Student Center and Resident Hall project.
- The student and PRA will together design the internship to be beneficial to the student’s academic and career goals, work-balance and other commitments.
Eligibility: USF SACD Master of Architecture Degree Candidates, beginning or concluding their 5th or 6th year of program in Fall 2023.
Essay Question: How can architects and design professionals lead our communities, institutions, and workplaces toward inclusiveness and equity for all?
Essay Structure: 500-600 words, double spaced.
Have any questions? Contact:
John J Holz, AIA, NCARB, LEED BD+C