The Project Specialist is a support position for the Project Manager and/or Project Architect in the production of construction documents and drawings. This position interacts and takes direction on project related issues from the Project Manager and the Project Architect on specific projects within the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities in no specific order: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Produce construction documents using AutoCAD and Revit
- Produce schematic designs
- Document checking
- Product and code research
- Contact consultants and engineers
- Understand and enforce standards
- Attend project meetings (including meeting minutes)
- Work closely with Project Architect on shop drawing reviews
- Understand the RFP and FI process
- Occasional field investigations
- Occasional presentations to co-workers and/or clients
Competencies: Customer focus, flexibility, communication, initiative, interpersonal effectiveness, technical and professional knowledge, problem analysis and problem solving, and demonstration of branding philosophy.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture preferred
- Two or more years experience as a Project Specialist I or equivalent.
- Ability to access, review, and plot Auto CAD Drawings;
- Ability to access, review, and draw using RevitPC skills with Microsoft Office Suite and industry accepted software.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- High degree of accuracy in work
- Ability to organization and set priorities
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a team environment
- May need to travel to job sites and/or Madison office